Astex Environmental Services (AES) is seeking a full-time Licensed Asbestos Inspector with a minimum of one (1) year experience conducting asbestos inspections in Texas. The prospective candidate will possess an active Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) Asbestos Inspector License (with no violations) or possess all the necessary qualifications to obtain such a license.
Possession of a TDSHS Air Monitoring Technician, TDSHS Project Manager, Texas Department of Licensing and Registration (TDLR) Mold Assessment Consultant License, and/or TDSHS Lead Inspector License as well as having experience conducting Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments is a plus but is not required.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Perform asbestos inspections in compliance with Federal, State, and local rules. Includes collection and submittal of samples, taking detailed notes, and applicable photographs.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate inspections with the ability to communicate with building owners, managers, and clients.
• Preparing asbestos inspection reports.
• Adhere to AES’s health and safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other environmental related duties, as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED
• One (1) year relevant experience
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation.
• Ability to carry and climb ladders and ability to use hand and power tools.
• Be able to wear a respirator, safety harness, and other safety equipment as needed.
• Federal/State background check and multi-level drug screening are mandatory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be considered, the resume of the applicant must show that the applicant possesses the following qualifications/skills:
• Regular overnight travel is possible
• Self-motivated, career-oriented, and committed individual
• Possess an energetic and professional demeanor
• Accustomed to a fast-paced work environment
• Capable of multi-tasking and augmenting schedule on short notice
• Capable of performing field sampling activities
• Ability to comprehend/review construction drawings
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgement, and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Based on experience and skills
• Paid time off (PTO) / Holidays
• Performance-based bonuses
• Cross-training, resources, and support for career development
• Travel mileage and per diem
Send confidential resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.